Thursday, June 10, 2010

Metal, jewellery, metallic and nature designs

To learn more of Thursday's Challenge and andthis week's theme of metallic,metal, jewellery, etc please click on the photo of the jewelled dragonfly on the right sidebar on this page. Have a great day!


This theme for this week's Thursday challenge really challenged me a bit today until I was thinking about my most favourite nature sightings, butterflies, moths and dragonflies when I knew what I would post.I ran (mentally) to take its picture.

When a physiotherapist first suggested that I buy myself a cane I searched for one that I could identify with. It has become my friend and companion that helps me with my balance while walking along railroad tracks looking for snapping turtles laying their eggs, while strolling through uneven surfaced grassy meadows looking for butterflies or dragonflies, or when going up or down slopes or little hills going to the river or when walking along my favourite wooded walking trails. The butterfly designs on my walking cane are very lovely. lively and inspiring.
Anbother part of the theme today is jewelery I have two beauties to share with you. I have always loved rhinestones as a child. My first piece of rhinestone jewelery was a yellow and lime green necklace and earring set, a gift from my father. I could not believe that I owned such magnificent beauty when it was given to me. Today my daughter, Riel, has that set. And this treasure below was a gift from my daughter and my grandson for Christmas one year. To me it was a perfect choice and I love it.
Whenever I wear this dragonfly pin(above) it always receives compliments and praise for its lovileness.
A second piece that fits the jewelery , metal, nature theme is this blue jewelled dragonfly, a gift from my granddaughter via my daughter Riel.Isn't it special!
And to keep this post nature themed I will include a picture of a butterfly I saw yesterday. Its a toss up between a meadow fritillary and a silver-bordered fritillary, but i think its the latter,
a Silver-bordered fritillary.


No comments: