Thursday, May 14, 2009

OLD PICTURES FOR SEPIA SCENES

This first photo I call the barn raising. This large gathering of men were all assembled together for some reason and I assume it was to erect the building behind them. The picture below is of my great grandparents new car.I believe the year was 1920
Sepia Scenes is a meme hosted by Mary/the Teach and it offers the opportunity to share with others; beautiful scenes in sepia tones.Just click on the badge on the side bar to view what others have posted in sepia for today

8 comments:

alphawoman said...

I have a thing for old pictures and these are wonderful and full of unspoken stories.

Vita Stunder said...

I love old photographs and have a whole collection myself.
I like to hold them, feel them and hear them whisper their stories.
Yours are wonderful and filled with
whisperers just for you!

This is my first Sepia Scene :)
Have a great day!

Anna

Tricia said...

I love old pics like this - 1920, WoW! I always used to ask why nobody smiled in the old days & my dad would say, "They had nothin to smile about back then!" But then, I'd hear people say, "The good ole days" - so, as a kid, I was a bit confused.

Mary said...

These remind me so much of the old photo albums my dad left me. I almost feel like I can add names to the people and they are really my relatives rather then yours :-) I guess a lot of these old photos are so alike....some day people will say that about us! Oh, dear!

maryt/theteach said...

These are wonderful original sepia photos! Happy SEpia Scenes! :)

Marie Reed said...

Wow! You posses such treasures! I wish that I had old pictures of family members!

T. Mininni-Totin said...

I love old family photographs. Thanks for sharing yours.

ngcornett said...

My husband and I are making a documentary (not for profit) and would love to use the old photograph titled Barn-raising in it. I don't know if it is under copyright, but if it is we would very much appreciate your giving us permission for its use. Could you get back to us by email (ngcornett@aol.com) and let us know either way? Thank you.
Nina Cornett