Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not A Crow, But A Hawkor maybe an Eagle!

At A distsnce I knew it wasn't a crow. It was too big for crow. I took my first picture from my car, then got out and walked further down on the shoulder of the road to get closer.When closer I could see a few markings on its breast and the hook in its beak, and I then knew I was looking at a hawk. This is the first hawk |I have seen for months! I think it is a Red-tailed Hawk.
i think i might have interrupted lunch for as it started to leave I could see the shape of something hanging from its claw.
My best photo was my last one as its beautiful curved wingspan was shown as it was leaving. What a beautiful sighting this was! Another lucky day. I love the half moon shape of its wings!

1 comment:

SquirrelQueen said...

No doubts, definitely a hawk and a magnificent one at that. The last photo is breathtaking.
The Road to Here