Thursday, August 31, 2017

Golden Glow for Remberances on Thursday's Challenge

I have always loved this old tall perennial which is  topped with golden yellow orbs.  It used to be called "the outhouse flower" as in the era of outhouses it was often planted beside the outhouse and was used to  camouflage the presence of that little , old necessary building out among the outbuildings of one's home property. However that is just interesting trivia, not the cause of my remembrances.  My grandmother, Clara Ceclia had a clump of Goldenglow at the base of the  outdoor staircase which led up to her home. In late August, often just before school started up again, after the summer holidays I would delight in their beautiful golden blooms, and before long the tall stems would be bending with the late summer breezes as they nodded a welcome  to me as I climbed the stairs to visit my grandmother.
These memories are refreshed in my mind every late August as the Goldenglo we have planted in our yard comes into bloom.  I had transplanted this flower from a find at an old deserted homestead many years ago and it' s  yearly blooming is an event which warms my heart every summer as it once more comes into bloom.
 I am linking today with Thursday's Challenge which today hosts the theme Rememberances. This meme can be found at :http://www.spunwithtears.com/thursday.html
 My appreciative thanks to the host of this fun weekly challenge.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

No comments: