Sunday, February 1, 2009

Looking Up in Saint John: for Sunday Stills

Looking up along King Street in the old, port city of Saint John, NB, you can see this facade of old brick buildings. With the influx of Loyalists in 1784, Saint John became a city in 1785 and holds the honour of being the oldest incorporated city in Canada.

This week's photo challenge for Sunday Stills, is 'go high, go low'. Its all about perspective and the angle that you shoot at; high or low, just not in the middle. To see other photo contributions to this meme, just click on the highlighted name.

14 comments:

Ed said...

Very nice and welcome to the Sunday Stills challenge... Ed

The Wife said...

I love old buildings!

floreta said...

i do like pictures of architecture. beautiful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very nice.. Welcome to Sunday Stills! :)

Flo said...

What a lovely old building. I just love them.

Mine can be seen here

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

What an absolutely gorgeous building!

Rising Rainbow said...

Interesting building. Good choice.

Andrea said...

Love the old buildings....so much character. Great shot for this week's challenge !:)

Kelly said...

Great photo...I love old buildings as well.

Jen Mo said...

I love the building! I agree with Andrea such character it has! Great job! And welcome!

Becky and Gary said...

I like this Ann. What a cool old building, and a great angle. I wouldn't want to wash the windows though. LOL
B.

gtyyup said...

Great shot...I love old buildings. Nicely done!

J9 said...

Well done - I love the architecture of this!

Mary said...

What a nice old building! Worth looking up at!