Monday, February 2, 2009

A Mellow Yellow Breakfast

The research benefits of the internet are marvelous and upon encountering the main character in Jeffrey Archer's novel, As the Crow Flies, eating 'Scotch Eggs' on more than one occasion, my husband became curious. The photos included here are the results of his curiosity and the delicious breakfast he served me yesterday morning. Basically Scotch Eggs consist of a hard boiled egg in the center of sausage meat. On Wikipedia's information page , it is mentioned that it is fried dish, but we chose to bake them and they were delicious! A recipe for baked Scotch Eggs can be found here.
And of course a meal isn't complete without a hot cup of tea or coffee. And for this mellow yellow day, I enjoyed my breakfast tea served in a 1930's original yellow Harlequin cup and saucer.

'Mellow Yellow Monday' is an inspirational place to post things that are yellow and also a place to view other beautiful 'yellows'. Just click on its highlighted name or on the badge in the side bar to get there.

13 comments:

Sharon said...

Just the way to start your monday...with a nice Mellow Yellow Breakfast! Looks delicious:)

VioletSky said...

Great combination!

pehpot said...

that looks really yummy! and the cup and saucer is really beautiful!

my entry for this wee. :)

Mary said...

I've read about Scotch eggs, too and always wondered about how they would taste. They sure look good in your photo! You have so much nice yellow china to set a cheery table with:-) I'd love to drink a cup of tea with you.

Connie said...

Very creative yellow.

happily retired gal said...

Very tantalizing post ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Dianne said...

looks yummy
such warm colors

Drowsey Monkey said...

An excellent way to start the week! Love it! :)

Yellow dishes are my all time favouite! Everything tastes better in them :)

Tammie Lee said...

Wow that meal looks like art. I thought it was an egg in a muffin, I bet that would be tasty too. Hum
Love the yellow in it all.

maryt/theteach said...

I just love all the yellow! I have to get to posting for Mellow Yellow Monday. :) The eggs look delicious...

Kathiesbirds said...

Thanks for this recipe! I've been looking for something different for breakfast!

Annie said...

Love all of these. Yellow is just the best. Don't know why it took me so long to start participating here but finally, I did.

Nukke said...

JUMMY ! and yellow :)