Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hummingbird season, They are everywhere

This female Ruby-throat ed Hummingbird came and perched in front of my window as I was having my morning coffee.  It stayed, and stayed and stayed.  Aslo while there a male with its red throat came to feed from one of the feeders there.  and a beautiful gentle looking Gray Catbird stoped by for a visit.  I didn't get a picture of the gray Catbird but it will probably be back.  We have a large amount of wild Rose bushes that Catbirds favour and one year a pair nested there. We could hear their" meows" all that summer in our garden as the catbirds perched on our fence daily..

1 comment:

bobbie said...

I wish they were everywhere. We have had very few this year.

This blog is not on my list, although I've been a follower. Blogger says it can't find a feed for it.