Monday, November 1, 2010

shark infested blue fabric waters for Blue Monday








I have been bitten by the quilting bug. I hope its not related to bed bugs as they are both bed related. I have recently been making a ships at sea quilt blocks and have been focusing mainly on finding a variety of sky related fabrics, but had not been too venturesome in searching out different sea or water fabrics. That is not until my daughter Riel, gave me a sleeve from a man's shirt featuring sharks in turquoise waters which I have used to match my turquoise skies in the above quilt block.. That success sent me off shopping for possible designer fabric made into clothing at a secondhand clothing store( Guy Frenchys) on the weekend. And I found a treasure fabric in the form of a man's bathing suit. Grey sharks in blue water. This was perfect for my project with its colours as the borders around my quilt blocks will be grey!I pieced together a quilt block to use the shark fabric and cut carefully so that a large openmouthed shark was featured in the forefront. .Blue Monday is a meme that hosts photos which highlights the colour of blue. Please click on the bluejay badge in the right sidebar to learn more of this interesting meme found at : http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/search/label/Blue%20Monday%20Instructionshttp://

8 comments:

Riel said...

Cool blocks. Great fish. Quilting is so fun. It will be great when this quilt is all done!!!

Auntie E said...

Looks like it will a unique quilt.

SmilingSally said...

I like the color choices; perhaps if you add some lighter color, you'll be happier.

Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

LV said...

I think the quilt bug bit me when I was born. I do not make them, but want all I see. I have too many now, but still would buy more if I had room for them. I have several kind size and no bed for them.

Donnie said...

That looks like such a great idea. Your blocks are really coming along nicely. I inherited my MIL's quilting stuff but I'm a little intimidated so I'm going to start with a candle mat. Great blues too.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

You have a fun start there. Although I don't think I'd want to sleep under those sharks ~LoL!

Crafty Gardener said...

Cool blue quilt for Blue Monday. It's nice to meet another Canadian blogger.

Roxxy said...

whew!scary shark! hehe..hope you can visit my page too!