Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday's Challenge quilt making.



The theme for today's Thursday Challenge of craft fits perfectly with my most recent activities for I have been busy making quilt blocks to assemble together into a twin sized quilt. I have only 4 more blocks to complete until I can start sewing them all together. To see some of my blocks please scroll down to see my previous posts on this project of mine. Yesterday's block included some cute fabric of fish and Octopus, this fabric had been made into a child's pillowcase which I had found at a seconhand store, Value Village. I bought the pillowcase for the fabric.
used to represent the water of the ocean. The finding of fabric is such a fun activity.
Another fun fabric I found to represent water was a fabric with yellow sea turtles which had been made into a baby carrying sling. I bought the sling for the fabric also.that I used in this sailing ship block I had made on Tuesday. I have also enjoyed meeting the challenge of finding different fabric designs to represent the sky as in this yellow starred blue night sky in the above block.
Today's block features the excitement of red!

craft is this week's photographic theme for Thursday's Challenge. To view more photos posted on this theme, or to join in on the fun yourself, just 'click' on the highlighted name.

No comments: