Monday, February 14, 2011

a yellow tea set Valentine's gift for mellow yellow Monday

These photos are of a beautiful old tea set that my husband bought for me for Valentines. We both love old things and antiques. They are definitelyof an old mellow yellow. The age cracks and the fading of some of the colours definitely show age , but the manufactures stamp on the back of the plates is to difficult to read to identify the source. Maybe some of you viewers can identify the patterrn for me. It is an eight piece set including : a teapot, a sugar bowl, a creamer and 5 seven inch plates. I hope you all enjoy viewing my valentine's gift on this mellow yellow Monday.

Happy Monday to all. To view a wonderful variety of yellow-themed photos from other bloggers around the world, just click on the link belowmellow yellow




5 comments:

Riel Nason said...

Very pretty and a great gift, but no luck on the ID here. Happy Valentine's Day!

chubskulit said...

Gorgeous!
Mellow Yellow at my page. Happy Valentine's day!

Lesley said...

The basketweave pattern that is carried through on the plates is a nice touch.

RNSANE said...

I love vineyards and grapes so these are very appealing to me!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Old things with lids sometimes contain treasures. Have you peeped inside?

YELLOW CURES THE BLAHS

A seeker of yellow, they say,
Is likely to savor the day
If painted in cream
Or golden—a dream
That overcomes all shades of grey!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Signboard with Yellow