Monday, September 22, 2008

The House in the Meadow: Monochrome Monday

autumn breezes blow
stirring the meadow grasses
this first day of fall

This is a recent picture but wanting to take away the look of digital sharpness I have used a 'crosshatch' filter. I think this filter gives a bit of a blurred appearance to the grass helping to give it a suggestion of movement . As well this filter deepens the shadows there.
.
Thank you to Aileni at Loose Ends for hosting Monochrome Monday. For other photos on this theme please click on the link or on the icon in the side bar.

8 comments:

Aileni said...

I like the framing and the way the pale image of the building draws the eye into the picture. Good one.

Julie said...

The B&W emphasises the mystery of the house just over the brow of the hill. Nice touch ...

Carver said...

I love what you did with that. I like the way the house is submerged in the meadow. Carver's Photoblog

leslie said...

I like how you've framed this shot and what you've done to make the grass look as though it's moving is excellent. :D

starnitesky said...

Brilliant shot framed by the trees, I like the effect of the filter.

Mary said...

It is interesting to read what you did to the photo...that sort of thing never occurs to me. It has an "old" feel about it....a lovely cottage at any time, any where.

2sweetnsaxy said...

This is great! I like the way the leaves and grass lead your focus to the house in the distance. Very nice!

Greyscale Territory said...

I love how foliage creates a natural frame for the rural view! Very soothing in monochrome!