Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Scenes from my Window: for Sepia Scenes

Sepia Scenes is a new meme hosted by Mary/the Teach and it offers the opportunity to share with others beautiful scenes in sepia tones. For my first posting within this theme I thought I would highlight scenes seen from my window.
This is the time of year when the drop in tempera -tures and changing weather conditions often finds me looking out the window checking on the weather and the beautiful fall foliage before venturing out. This morning when I first looked out the temperature was at 0 C degrees and it was raining.
Looking out my kitchen window I see our tall, full sized statue is still looking good in her yearly Hallowe'en role doubling as a witch.From another window I see our garden cherubs are still resting on the side rails of our small bridge which crosses a sometimes water filled pretend creek. They are often kept company in the nightime hours by White-tailed Deer and Raccoons.
And lastly, another view from another window tells me that our optimistic, green, ceramic cat is still casting a hopeful eye upwards toward the bird feeder above.

15 comments:

Annie said...

Isn't it wonderful how perfectly ordinary scenes can take on an eerie glow when treated this way? I love this style.

ellen b said...

Hi Anne! I really like the views you have from your windows!! Lovely. The Sepia just makes it seem so dramatic...

Babs (Beetle) said...

Strange how when we remove the colour things automatically look old ;O)

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Thanks for the tour in sepia. It's a cool effect, isn't it?

It was cold here i Ontario today too...only we had s____ on the ground. ;-(

Cindy said...

the witch reminds me of those old Friday Night Fright Night movies we used to watch. Sepia makes her look ageless, not to mention extra creepy.Here is mine.

Yen said...

It looks creepy! But I like it! Sepia adds more drama to this photos! Nice ones:)

Napaboaniya APAD said...

The 3rd picture looks really good in sepia tone. The cherubs on the bridge is pretty delightful :)

Rinkly Rimes said...

I love sepia photographs. They always have a lovely melancholy about them. But I get the impression that the cherubs would like dress-up clothes too!(I was impressed with all your knowledge about NIBS too!)

Robin said...

Brrr. That's cold. What a lovely garden you have. The sepia feels very right for the cold weather.

Mary said...

Sepia gives such an interesting look. I like your little bridge and the green cat and birdhouse :-) What a pleasant garden and I know you work hard to keep it looking that way! Great witch!

Mar said...

Lovely shots out of your window, it is sure getting cold over there!...

Carletta said...

Love the views from your window!
I especially like the witch.

The sepia effect here worked wonderfully.

Dianne said...

I love your view - and your photos

I think my favorite is the witch scene.

MyMaracas said...

Your grounds are lovely, and the sepia gives them something of a Victorian feel. Pretty!

Digital Polaroids said...

Great sepia work!