Saturday, October 25, 2008

'pretend' Scary: for Photo Hunter

my Halloween witch
rides her broom in my window
light rays in her hair

Well, o.k., this isn't really very scary, rather its just 'pretend' scary for we are getting very close to that time of year when costumed ghosts and goblins knock on your door and shout 'trick or treat', and many Halloween decorations tend to be a bit on the scary side. This witch actually spends most of the year tucked away in a trunk and only makes an annual appearance each year during the Halloween season. With her hair flying in the wind, she rides her fabric broom over the colourful fall fabric hills beneath her feet.

For more photos on this weeks theme of 'scary' just click on Photo Hunter or you many click on the icon in the side bar. My thanks to tnchick for hosting this site. Happy Photo Hunting to all!

14 comments:

bobbie said...

Your "scary" witch is very endearing.

me ann my camera said...

bobbie:
I made this witch several years ago while I was still teaching and for many years it hung in my classroom during Halloween season, riding the rays of light that came through the window.

Petrus said...

This is a great witch - you've put a lot of effort into making it ... well done. The school children must have loved it.

The Social Frog said...

I like it :)

Mrs Mecomber said...

Kinda colorful. :)

I hope you have time to come see my scary photos, and leave your link, too. http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-scary/

Alice Audrey said...

She looks like she's having fun. I don't have witches in my closet, just skeletons. Which reminds me, I better get them out and put them on the porch.

annie said...

That is one cool witch and the photos of her are fantastic! Love this post. Happy weekend!

Cindy said...

I'm no halloween fan but that is really cute. And you made that? I bet the kids really liked it each year.
Here's Mine

Staci said...

What wonderful Halloween decorations! Great take on the theme!

Mary said...

Wonderful! Did you make her? I like her nice plaid outfit and clunky shoes....and the wild plaid hair! Very festive and not scary enough to frighten anyone :-) Pretend is best!

inyang said...

did you do this yourself?

Greyscale Territory said...

By daylight, this may seem pretend scary, but on a dark night, with only a little light outside and no light on the inside, this could be quite scary if it hangs over a window!

me ann my camera said...

mary and inyang:
Yes, I made this little friendly witch several years ago as a decoration to hang in my classroom during the Halloween season. It holds a lot of memories for me. Glad that you both enjoyed.

Dragonstar said...

She's lovely!