Friday, November 28, 2008

Metal ::: for Photo Hunter

Having checked out this week's prompt for Photo Hunter and discovering that it was metal, I was on the look out for something made of metal while we were out driving today looking for hawks and geese. I found this wire fence, made of metal, surrounded by drying November grasses, and I thought it would be a rather interesting choice.

We had been quite successful in our hunt for hawks by finding a Northern Harrier and a Rough-legged Hawk, and also had located a large flock of Canada Geese; so we feeling pretty happy!

However on our way home our luck changed. Suddenly, hearing a loud 'clunk, clunk, clunk', as we were driving down the street we immediately stopped and found a big metal bolt, attached to a piece of metal strapping, stuck in our tire! And here was the result!Well, hey, it was another opportunity to take a picture of something metal, and Roadside Assistance was very friendly and efficient, and in no time we were on our way home again. Not quite the sort of metal pictures I had planned, but it was a good day, all in all.
.
For more photos on this weeks theme of 'metal' just click on Photo Hunter or you many click on the icon in the side bar. My thanks to tnchick for hosting this site. Happy Photo Hunting to all!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Metal yes, I guess ... was that one of your brand new winter tires?

me ann my camera said...

No, not a winter one, but still in all, it was once (pre-yesterday) a good tire!

Aileni said...

Not the sort of thing you want, but as you say, opportunity.
I haven't been out looking for birds in many decades but I used to be quite the twitcher at one time.

Yen said...

The flat tire is a great entry! And that first photo is something I always miss my grandparents! Wonderful entries this week;-)

Happy Weekend!
Yen

me ann my camera said...

The flat tire we could have done without, but there it was! :-)

Exit 318 said...

Ah, Murphy is in your back seat?

Some springs ago I was out and got a similar shot, wire fence with fence post and blooming flowers.

Me ann, you are light years ahead of me with your camera!

me ann my camera said...

exit 318:
I cannot shake that fellow!!

I remember some of your beautiful fence and flower shots from the Gaspe region!

Annie said...

Wonderful photos! I'm glad you found the hawks and that roadside assistance was quick. Happy weekend!

Lynn said...

I like your first picture very much.

JyLnC said...

I love the rust colors in your first photo and the barb wire fence adds contrast to the grass.

And, a flat tire being an opportunity for an additional photo? That's going the extra mile for the theme.

Stop by and see my photos if you have time.

http://moderatesuburbanchick.blogspot.com/

tarheelrambler said...

Man I hate when that happens. Hopefully, you won't have to completely replace the tire. The picture of the fence is nicely done as well. I really like all the detail.

me ann my camera said...

tarheelrambler:
Hopefully it can be fixed. We have an appointment for Monday so we'll see then. Thanks for your comment.

Brita said...

Great fotos even though a flat tyre isn't.

Mary said...

You certainly know how to take advantage of opportunity when it throws a bolt in your path! Great shots.