Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Winter Thoughts: for Sepia Scenes

Tho the winter solstice is not until December 21st it seems that autumn has been long gone. While looking out the window this morning and seeing fresh snow lying on the ground, I reflected upon the changes I saw around me; and had these thoughts on the ending of one season and the beginning of another.


Needles of pine quilt a soft warm blanket using
hushed hues of faded browns and yawning yellows
as Autumn prepares its winter bed

Northern vagabonds of wind and snow
whistle a warning lullaby of winter's approach
and Autumn falls asleep upon a soft white pillow

This photo above was taken a previous winter on a windy snowy day.

Sepia Scenes is a meme hosted by Mary/the Teach and it offers the opportunity to share with others; beautiful scenes in sepia tones.

11 comments:

Annie said...

I can't believe the movement in the last picture. I can almost hear the wind and feeling snap against my cheeks.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Ann, the bottom photo is exquisite!

me ann my camera said...

annie and eg tour guide:
That windy photo is one of my favourites too. And I think it is spectacular in colour. I remember the day I took it very clearly for I was sitting in my car on the shore of the Saint John river when a snow squall seemed to just appear out of no where!

Carletta said...

That first image tells me the wind was blowing hard!
All great images and a wonderful poem of your thoughts.

Yen said...

I also love that last photo! Very nice conversion too:)

Mine is, HERE. See yah!

Mary said...

I like what you wrote...beautiful and so perfect to describe winter's approach. The photos work well with the words to give the feel of winter settling in on everything.

maryt/theteach said...

3 beautiful photos, Ann! I love that last one too! Happy Sepia Scenes! Lovely poetry! :)

Dianne said...

I too love the last one :)

I also love that the santa flag is standing on its head LOL
how wonderful that you captured it that way!!

bobbie said...

Wonderful selections for sepia.

Shinade said...

Oh my I have to agree they are all lovely but the bottom one is outstanding.

Oh dear it does look like winter.

I am late in getting by and I apologize. No excuses i just couldn't make the rounds any earlier.

Mine for this week is here if you have time to visit.

http://shinade.blogspot.com/2008/11/sepia-scenes-3.html

Thanks and I hope you keep warm!!:-)

Rose said...

I LOVE that last photo...it is sure a great one.