Thursday, January 15, 2009

Aged in Sepia Tones: for Sepia Scenes and Thematic Photographic Meme


Found discarded many years ago in the remains of the rubble and boards of an old farm, this would have been the cover to an old wooden tool box, or perhaps just a storage box for personal posses -sions. Once it was attached to the box by a leather strap and nails, today only one strap remains. It is old and aged.
If you enlarge this photo above you can see the same pattern of 5 nails used to hold the strap in place to the upper left of the wooden cover as well. The leather strap is missing but the nails have remained.

"aged"
is this week's theme at the thematic photographic meme . For more pictures and information of how you can join in on the photo sharing too, just click on the highlighted name.

Sepia Scenes is a meme hosted by Mary/the Teach and it offers the opportunity to share with others; beautiful scenes in sepia tones.

15 comments:

Carmi said...

What an amazing find! I feel as if I've gone back in time from having seen these...it's amazing how artifacts like this connect us to an era that likely happened long before we were even born.

Makes me reflect on how precious time is, and how important it is to remember.

Either way, beautiful interpretation of this week's theme. Thanks so much for this!

Awareness said...

I really like these photos and love to know the stories behind artifacts.

Dianne said...

the last photo is fascinating! I love discovering things from the past - this is a wonderful find that your captured perfectly

Carletta said...

Wonderful old 'aged' wood. The owner's name carved into as well.
Your last photo of a picture within a picture is awesome.
Very nice for both memes.

Robin said...

What a cool find, and a creative way to combine the two prompts as well. I love the way you've done the picture within a picture - both the enlargement and the processing.

Rose said...

This made a really nice sepia shot!

judi said...

Wonderful find. Great sepia intry and fantastic history. ahh... that seems to be enough platitudes. Seriously I am just jello-ous!

Karen said...

Beautiful! Don't you wish we had leather straps for lids now?

maryt/theteach said...

Very nice job, Ann! I love the sepia tone you've achieved! :)

Becky and Gary said...

What a nice find Ann, and what you have done with it makes it extra special. I love finding old pieces of wood.
B.

Mojo said...

Nice two-fer! I love coming across stuff like this. I always wonder what stories it might tell if it could.

Excellent choice of subjects for both memes!

PJ said...

I like seeing the name of the former owner. The sepia is great for this. Glad you saved it.

Heather said...

What a great find and a nice story. I wonder what this old toolbox has seen!

Pamela said...

I'm reminded of the old feed box in my daddy's barn

maicher said...

dolce bag
dolce gabbana handbags
dolce gabbana bag
dolce gabbana handbag
balenciaga bag