Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Eyes in Wood Surprise; for Thematic Photographic 33

Do you ever get the feeling you are being watched? Its quite a surprise when you discover the eyes!! And then beak! And then you see the Owl that you seek; embedded in the knots and wood grain of a little trunk that I have.The Owl in the trunk is actually the second Owl we have found in our home; for we have been aware of another lurking in the wood knots on the end of our kitchen cupboards for many years now.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered just last week it had been fleshed out by someone with a marker! That was a surprise too!

Each week Carmin Levy presents a photographic theme and this week he has challenged us with the word 'surprise" at his thematic photographic meme . For more pictures and information of how you can join in on the photo sharing too, just click on the highlighted name.

5 comments:

Pagan Sphinx said...

What a lovely little trunk. I wonder who got creative with the marker? ;-)

Becky and Gary said...

What a cool meme. There can be no end to finding images in wood. Great pictures, and I love that little trunk.
B.

Pamela said...

I've seen those kind of eyes watching me from wood furniture -- I'm always drawing the rest of it in my mind.

awww... an artists work is never done.
Hope it washes off okay (but not quite yet)

Mary said...

Amazing! I love your owls in the wood!

sticker said...

pod4875
pirory4872
mull5746
help6874
gong633