Monday, January 19, 2009

Mellow Yellow in My Kitchen: for Mellow Yellow Monday

I have been looking forward to posting to this new meme, "Mellow Yellow Monday," and while preparing my morning cup of tea I was thinking of possible pictures to post. Maybe a field of yellow dandelions would be refreshing to look at for it would be in such contrast to the view outside my window this morning of a cold, white, world with the snow still coming down. While thinking I was also looking around my kitchen and noting some of my favourite old 'yellow' things I had surrounding me. On the microwave is a yellow glass pedestal fruit bowl with pears and bananas in it and in front of the bowl a pottery three-in-one sort of planter, filled with crayons awaiting the visit of some little ones who love to draw and colour. The antique 'string holder' yellow cat is a special favourite of mine. If I put a ball of string in the back of it the string would hang out of its mouth. On the wall by the door is a visual memory of the years I lived on the Alberta prairies in the form of a painting of golden, yellow canola fields which I had painted in 1993.
Another favourite piece, on top of my refrigerator, deserves mention too while these decorative cows graze contentedly around this old antique, butter crock, which is now used as a catchall for this and that.Just a quick look in the dining room at two other favourite antique pieces will complete this post. Above a bowl with matching candlestick holders and to the left I have included a showy cream and sugar set which has a geometric black and white border.And for a final view from my kitchen, this one being out my window. As we are in the midst of a winter storm this sidewalk snow blower passing by gives me yet another glimpse of yellow to share.

To view other beautiful yellows posted to this 'Mellow Yellow Monday' just click on its highlighted name or on the badge in the side bar.

14 comments:

Sharon said...

All so mellow & yellow. I LOVE mellow yellow mondays. It certainly is a bright way to being a new week!

Drowsey Monkey said...

Oh WOW! I wanna come live in your house! LOL These are all so beautiful!

I can see you love yellow too. I can't decide which I like the best, but I think the cream & sugar bowl. I love the shape. And the colour...obviously!

Lilli & Nevada said...

I love all your yellow stuff in the kitchen and i love how you got all that yellow in the photo

Tarheel Rambler said...

Nice contributions to Mellow Yellow Monday...but shouldn't you have saved a couple for next week? :0) Great job.

Dianne said...

I love the warm light in all your photos and then the cold snow! quite a shock to the system

Mar-Bear said...

Vey Nice shots!

Pagan Sphinx said...

I love to see the pretty objects and curiosities people have in their homes. I really enjoyed your post!

I especially love the pitcher and creamer set. The border is very nice. And the flower bowl with the candle holders. So pretty.

Happy Monday!

VioletSky said...

Oh my, do we get a tour of your house room by room full of yellow??

The yellow wash over the photos just adds an extra warmth.

I love the whimsy of the cat string holder, and the vase and candleholders, and the creamer and...

LadyBanana said...

Lots of yellows here! But naturally I love the banana's best ;)

bobbie said...

So many photos! And every one a winner. You have some really lovely things here. I do love your bowl with the cows.

The Chatty Barista said...

Love the Yellow hue of all these.. Great post!

happily retired gal said...

What a wonderfully varied series of yellow photos in this week's post! I love bananas ... and the tractor in the last shot is nifty too.
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

I really love the kitty string holder, but all of your yellow things are wonderful! I jumped in on this at the last minute too...something about yellow just draws the eye and warms the soul. Beautiful cream and sugar with that black and white pattern around the top.

intelligence said...

twist4512
mass5462
ram657
ramp688
zhenman6532