Saturday, January 31, 2009

Moccasins: for Saturday Footwear Fever

For cosy, indoor comfort during the wintertime, my favourite daytime footwear are these North American moccasins . I had purchased them in Northern Ontario in the early 2000's. The beautiful bead work is a characteristic feature of this sort of leather footwear.
These little, miniature ones, shown to the left, are much older. They were found at a flea market and the elderly lady selling them, had owned them as a child. The ruler used to show their size measures in inches. This second miniature pair had been given to me by an Ojibway family from Mani- toulan Island, honouring our friendship when we had lived as neighbours in Toronto.

To join in on this new meme, Saturday Footwear Fever, just click on the highlighted name or the badge in the side bar.

7 comments:

Footnotes said...

Hi, thanks for joining! Hoping this community will grow as the weeks go on.

Your mocassins look so beautiful, artistic with that beadworks...

me ann my camera said...

Footnotes:
I wish you all your best with the success of your interesting new meme!

bobbie said...

Moccasins! That's the kind of footwear I could go for. They are so very comfortable. Yours look great.

Unfortunately, my every day footwear are ugly Rx shoes. Well - not so ugly as they might be, but not very attractive either.

Tracey and Huffle said...

They look way more comfortable than my Louboutins! The tiny ones are so sweet!

Trace

floreta said...

so cool! would love to wear some of those around the house.

Daisy said...

They look very comfy! The miniature ones are cool--I didn't know they even made such little ones. :)

Mary said...

What interesting moccasins! They do look very comfortable and I love those little ones!